Animal Care Technician
Salary: £17,000 per annum
Ref: ALS 2081
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an Animal Care Technician who will be responsible for providing a high standard of care for a variety of species. This position will suit someone who has a passion for the welfare of animals and would like to contribute to the research industry.
The successful candidate will be conducting a wide range of drug development studies, whereby you will receive unique opportunities to develop your technical skills via a thorough training scheme.
- Animal Care Qualification and a genuine interest in the care of animals
- Practical experience caring for animals in a work or voluntary capacity is essential along with an eye for detail
- Have a self-motivated and versatile working attitude
- Ability to carry out routine tasks and procedures under instruction and organise own daily tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Husbandry of a variety of species to include cleaning, watering, feeding and daily health monitoring
- Providing support by cleaning and sterilizing racks, cages, and equipment as required to help maintain efficient operation of the facility
- Maintain detailed, accurate records regarding breeding, health, welfare, and environmental checks
- Liaising with other staff as appropriate with regards to animal activities
- Adhere to Home Office guidelines and the Animal Scientific Procedures Act 1986
- Ensure that all Health and Safety measures are adhered to (including correct wearing of PPE), liaising with the H&S representative where appropriate
- Be flexible in supporting the team with weekend work on a rota system.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.