Salary: £16,800 - £25,500
Ref: ALS 2057
On behalf of our client, a world-class leading research institute, we are looking to recruit an Animal Technician to work within their Biological Resources Unit. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support for day-to-day animal husbandry, care and welfare and may also provide technical support for licensees.
The closing date for this position is the 14th December 2017.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs including English, Maths and Science
- Home Office License is desirable
- A certificate in Animal Technology is desirable
- Relevant previous experience in the field of laboratory animal technology is desirable
- Understanding of the basic principles of laboratory animal husbandry
- Proven ability to carry out routine tasks and procedures under instruction and organise own daily tasks
- Knowledge of transgenic animals is advantageous
- Commitment to providing weekend and Bank Holiday cover for the unit.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work effectively within a team carrying day-to-day feeding, watering, cleaning and general care of laboratory animals as instructed by the team leader
- Carry out all duties in accordance with the Animal (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986
- Make observations, keep accurate records and input data into computer programmes as instructed
- Undertake simple non-regulated and regulated procedures and techniques, including Schedule 1, as required
- Comply with health and safety requirements, licenses, protocols and institute policies
- Contribute towards the general cleaning and upkeep of the facility and monitor and record environmental conditions in specific areas as required.
- Assist with other duties and responsibilities as required at the direction of the Team Manager.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.