Salary: Up to £19,000
Ref: ALS 2080
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an Animal Technician to work within their team and contribute towards the care and welfare of a variety of animals. The successful candidate will receive further training and will have the opportunity to develop their skills to obtain a Home Office Personal Licence.
- Must have previous experience in the animal research industry
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, including English, Maths, and Science
- Be passionate about animal welfare and the life sciences industry
- Comfortable working with a wide range of species
- Ability to carry out routine tasks and procedures under instruction and organise own daily tasks
- Self-motivated and flexible approach to work
- Knowledge of relevant Home Office legislation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work effectively within a team to handle and care for the animals with empathy, ensuring that their welfare needs are catered for
- Carry out all duties in accordance with the Animal (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986
- Provide diet, water and bedding to the animals
- Perform cleaning duties within the animal rooms and facility
- Change cages and associated equipment
- Prepare equipment and materials for use on studies
- Record data to support regulatory compliance and animal welfare
- After training, will assist with regulatory procedures.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.