Associate Research Technician
Salary: £24,046- £39,435
Ref: ALS 2001
A research facility that delivers solutions to some of the world’s toughest health care issues is currently seeking an Associate Research Technician to assist with the expansion of their highly successful Neuroscience Team based in Surrey.
This position is an ideal role for an experienced Licensed Animal Technician looking for career progression.
- Previous experience in an In-vivo work-related background
- A personal Home Office Licence modules 1-4 is essential
- Previous experience of performing surgeries
- Ability to communicate at all levels and an interest in Science and Animal care/welfare
- An interest in assisting in the discovery of new and improved patient therapies
- Educated to Degree level in a Biological Science is desirable, although candidates who demonstrate previous experience in behavioural neuroscience and behavioural studies will also be considered as this would be advantageous
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Computer literate, and able to learn the use of in-house software
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting with the daily running of In-vivo experiments and associated husbandry in accordance with the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986
- Performing surgery related techniques as part of these experiments
- Handling of experimental Data
- Formulation and administration of compounds
- Collection of samples and tissue and maintenance of records
- Reading, analysis and sharing current literature with scientific peer group
- Assisting with the development and validation of existing and novel experimental assays
- Maintaining experimental animals, rooms and equipment
- Taking part in team discussions around current scientific work with possible poster and/or oral presentations
- Our Clients work can change, while remaining in Neuroscience, the post holder may be required to re-train into areas of expertise that they do not currently work in. In these instances, training and assistance will be provided.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.