ASU Head of Operations
Salary: £49,772 - £55,998
Ref: ALS 2019
Are you an enthusiastic, highly motivated laboratory animal expert? Do you have a proven track record in leading and inspiring technical teams and in the operation of laboratory animal facilities?
Our client, the University of Bristol’ s Animal Services Unit (ASU), have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Operations to be responsible for underpinning the success of their department. The University is an international powerhouse of learning, discovery and enterprise. It is ranked among the top 50 universities in the world and in the UKs top five for research.
- Prior experience of successful operational and people management is absolutely essential
- You will be a natural leader who will inspire and empower our client’s technical team and you will have a passion for building new teams
- You will have significant expertise in the day to day technical and financial running of laboratory animal facilities including capacity planning and facility design
- Highest level qualifications in relevant laboratory animal related disciplines
- Quality and results orientated with a flexible and innovative approach to problem solving
- Experience within industry and working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice and AAALAC accreditation would be beneficial but not essential
- You will be a committed champion of the 3Rs
Duties & Responsibilities
- As part of the ASU, ultimately you will be responsible to the Establish License Holder to ensure compliance with the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act and to promote the highest levels of animal welfare across a range of laboratory animal species on their different sites, which is key for great science
- You will be accountable to the Director of ASU to deliver your operational and management duties across multiple sites, ensuring not only the care for their animals 24 hours a day, 365 days a year but also the provision of a rewarding and safe place for their staff to work in
- Contribute to our client’s dedicated team of specialist vets and technicians who work closely with their research colleagues to support their needs and collaborate with Faculties, Finance, and Estates to deliver smooth running of our client’s animal facilities and their services they provide
- Champion a culture of care and promote the development and implementation of the 3Rs opportunities across the University.
To apply please contact Alison.Dalby@agendalifesciences.co.uk quoting reference ALS 2019.
Closing date 7th December.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.