Business Development Manager
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Ref: ALS 2050
On behalf of our client, a growing technology platform licensing and research services organisation, we are looking to recruit an experienced Business Development Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to expand on their experience within the business development sector of the life sciences industry.
Part-time hours offered.
- A bachelor’s degree in life sciences
- A minimum of 2-3 years postgraduate laboratory research experience in life sciences (with or without an advanced research degree)
- Minimum 2-3 years background with direct involvement or experienced gained in the following functions: sales, business development, licensing and commercial marketing in a client-facing, commercial position (life sciences industry)
- Excellent communication skills - from presentations to negotiations
- Advanced proficiency in MS PowerPoint and Excel, financial literacy and a keen interest in adopting new technology.
- Credible knowledge of drug discovery process
- Ability to understand technologies and USPs
- Social media marketing and previous use of CRM systems
- Experience of commercial contracts (e.g., life science licensing)
- Experience within the biopharmaceuticals sector.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the Director of Commercial Development (DCD) and the Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) in all back-office business development activities
- Present the company at both early-stage face-to-face and teleconference meetings, often with experienced scientists present
- Possess the ability to build relationships with new and existing clients within the sector and to develop new business channels for the organisation
- Be prepared to undertake frequent travelling to the US.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.