Clinical Scientist/NGS Data Analyst
Salary: £32,000-£42,000 depending on experience
Ref: ALS 2058
Working in partnership with Oncologica, a leading precision oncology services laboratory and contract research organisation, we are looking to recruit a Clinical Scientist to support a small team and Lead Clinical Scientist. This position would suit someone who has a technical background in a clinical laboratory and who is now looking to pursue a data analysis role.
- HCPC registered
- Knowledge about molecular biology and genomics
- An understanding of the principals of DNA sequence analysis, especially both Next-generation
- Experience in the identification of genetic variants associated with disease and the downstream analysis of these data
- Familiar with commonly used databases and bioinformatics tools for NGS data analysis (eg. IGV, SIFT, UCSC Genome Browser, etc.)
- Experience of data management and processing, in a healthcare setting with a demonstration of sensitivity to issues of confidentiality and knowledge of the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information Act.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, including presentation and report writing skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Lead Clinical Scientist in the interpretation of clinical NGS data and the construction of clinical reports.
- Monitor the quality of data produced by next generation sequencing and other technologies, to ensure it meets the standards required for the diagnostic service.
- Help maintain and improve the analysis pipeline for Next Generation Sequencing data for the Molecular Diagnostic Profiling Service.
- Aid in maintaining the databases for storage of scientific and clinical information, diagnostic test results, etc, and to establish links for submission to external databases where appropriate.
- Be responsible for ensuring the Laboratory complies with all requirements of Data Protection, liaising with the IT Governance as required.
- Write and contribute to the writing of publications.
- Contribute to and maintain Quality Management System procedures within the Molecular Diagnostics Profiling Unit.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.