Deputy Unit Manager
Salary: £30,000 - £42,000
Ref: ALS 2064
Our client, a leading Contract Research Company specialising in pre-clinical cancer research are looking to recruit a Deputy Unit Manager to work in an in vivo laboratory focusing on the validation of novel cancer targets and anti-cancer drugs. The Deputy Unit Manager will assist under the leadership of the Unit Manager the scheduling and supervision of Technical and Husbandry staff.
- Must hold a Personal License with modules 1-4
- Must have upwards of 7 years direct experience inclusive of supervisory management within animal technology
- Competency in a range of in vivo techniques in mice is required, with experience of oncology models being advantageous
- Minimum NVQ or GCSE-level education, A-Levels or BTEC National Diploma in Animal Care/IAT Level 3 is desirable
- The successful candidate will be patient, approachable, and will have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Deputy Unit Manager will assist under the leadership of the Unit Manager in the scheduling and supervision of Technical and Husbandry staff
- Expected to perform experimental procedures to the highest standard along with mentoring of subordinates
- Ensuring adherence to company SOP’s and study protocols
- In addition, the Deputy Unit Manager will perform the functions of the Named Training Competency Officer (NTCO) and Secondary Named Animal Care and Welfare Officer (NACWO)
- There may be some out of hours working including a weekend working rota.
You must have your own transport due to rural location based in Leicestershire.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.