Home Office Liaison Contact
Salary: £38,684 per annum + benefits
Ref: ALS 2023
On behalf of our client, a world leader in assuring the quality of biological medicines, we are looking to recruit a Home Office Liaison Contact, to work within a busy multi-disciplined Biological Services Division (BSD) which houses a range of laboratory animal species. The successful candidate will have the overall responsibility for the implementation, control, reviewing and updating of systems and processes relating to the use of animals in scientific work.
The closing date for this position is the 1st October.
- IAT minimum level professional qualification or equivalent (NVQ, BTEC etc.)
- Holds a current Home Office Personal Licence, or has recently held a Home Office Personal Licence with evidence of appropriate training, competency and proven experience
- Experience of working at higher containment levels (CL3 minimum)
- Proficient with MS Office (Word/Excel) and other common applications such as databases and document control systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as the Home Office Liaison Contact (HOLC) which requires detailed knowledge of all relevant UK and EU legislation relating to the use of animals in scientific work, including Codes of Practice and Guidelines, and local systems for applying these
- Be responsible for the implementation, control, reviewing and updating of systems and processes within the Institute relating to the use of animals in scientific work
- Oversee all aspects of Home Office training programme including; liaising with NTCO’s, reviewing training, identifying/implementing improvements and providing guidance
- Be responsible for immediate reporting to Home Office of license condition breaches or infringements and ensuring triggering and completion of investigations
- Administrate and is proficient in use of Home Office electronic licensing application system (ASPel)
- Fully involved in drafting of project licenses and arrange annual project licence returns
- Provide support and expert advice for Home Office “Named Persons” with legal responsibilities, i.e. NACWO, NIO, NTCO and Named Veterinary Surgeon
- Support other BSD staff, including Head of Division, in developing processes to improve the openness of animal work by means of liaising with Agency Comms staff, social media and maintaining links with supportive organisations
- Attend external meetings relating to Home Office processes, e.g. regular HOLC Forum (HOLTIF), Establishment Licence holder’s meetings, AWERB Hub meetings and licence workshops.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.