Insect Breeding Technician
Location: Harlow, Essex
Salary: £15,000 plus overtime
Ref: ALS 2040
Our client is a specialist with over 25 years’ experience in providing support, food and equipment within the growing reptile market. They are looking to recruit keen Insect Breeding Technicians to help support within the cricket and locust team to rear insects to the required standard.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about insect breeding and have a passion for animal welfare.
- Basic reading, writing & arithmetic skills
- Positive work ethic/ attitude and attention to detail
- Strong focus on maximising yields and quality of insects
- Ability to interpret insect behaviour to spot potential problems
- Ability to build effective relationships and work as part of a team
- Ability to tolerate working in high temperatures/humidity
- Good communication skills and be able to work quickly & efficiently
- Ability to lift up to 25kg
- The ideal candidate would have to meet all occupational health requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate within standard operating procedures(SOP)
- Quality control
- Health & Safety compliance in accordance with company policy with special emphasis on PPE requirements
- Feed and Green insects as required and change heat lamps on a daily basis
- Adjust feeding regime in response to insect growth
- Tub or bag insects for sale and print barcode labels
- Clean, prepare and set-up bins as well as break down bins ready for packing
- Prepare and change egg laying trays
- Monitor weather conditions and adjust room controls as necessary
- Complete required paperwork and monitoring breeder production
- Clean and maintain working area
- Assist in other areas of the operation as required.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.