Licensed Animal Technician
Salary: £25,000 -£35,000
Ref: ALS 2035
Looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to gain further skills working with an expanding company?
Agenda are looking to recruit an experienced licensed animal technician to work for a leading CRO, joining their motivated team providing the highest level of animal care.
The successful candidate will be conducting in vivo procedural work, routine dosing and behavioural studies. Within this role, you will receive unique opportunities to develop your technical skills in all areas.
- Home Office modules 1-4
- Be passionate about animal welfare
- Previous experience in the research industry, preferably in a pharmaceutical environment
- Previous in vivo study experience would be beneficial
- Like to work in a fast-paced environment, meeting customer deadlines
- Flexible approach to work and supporting additional hours where required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performing technical procedures using your home office license including surgery techniques
- Liaising with researchers and all experimental staff
- Conduct in vivo experimental studies and record and analyse results
- Being responsible for the overall welfare of the animals whilst undergoing studies in all species
- Day to day care, welfare and general husbandry of rodents
- Cleaning and maintenance duties throughout the unit, working to a high standard of cleanliness and health and safety at all times
- Recording data to support regulatory compliance and animal welfare.
Agenda only recruits people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.