Licensed Animal Technician
Salary: Up to £25,000
Ref: ALS 2078
On behalf of our client, a leading global drug development services company, we are looking to recruit a Licensed Animal Technician to join their team. The successful candidate will have experience running and managing GLP studies where by you are the named person on the protocol to run the study.
- Hold a Home Office Licence
- Must have previous experience in the animal research industry
- Experience in study management advantageous
- Educational standard may include an Institute of Animal Technology qualification, a relevant BTEC National/Higher National Diploma or relevant degree or equivalent
- Experience with mentoring or training staff is desirable
- Comfortable working with a wide range of species
- Be passionate about animal welfare and the life sciences industry
- Be reliable with a hardworking approach to the job
- Like to work in a fast-moving professional team environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Routine procedures associated with the day to day management of studies run within animal house operations or specific skills
- To provide technical support for the facility, ensuring effective and efficient use of resources in full compliance with Home Office requirements
- Conducting routine licenced procedures under UK legislation
- Mentoring of new staff and acting as key trainer for study set up, protocol reviews, QC checks, Pristima and Welfare Notification Forms
- Be responsible for the in-life aspects of toxicology studies in all species
- Have advanced knowledge and experience in animal care and husbandry
- Recording of scientific data to support regulatory compliance and animal welfare.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.