Licensed Animal Technician
Salary: £18,777 per annum
Ref: ALS 2099
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Licensed Animal Technician. The successful candidate will have skills and experience in laboratory animal husbandry and welfare and ideally have experience in rabbit management. The post holder will be an essential member of the team, supporting the day-to-day husbandry of animals and training junior team members.
This is a fixed-term position for 12 months.
- Home Office Personal License Modules A-C
- IAT Level 2 Diploma in Laboratory Animal Science and Technology
- Experience of rodents, rabbits, and preferably zebrafish
- Experience of surgery and aseptic technique
- Working knowledge of isolators, IVCs, barriers, autoclaves, and washers
- Experience of mono and polyclonal antibody production in various species, particularly rabbits is desirable
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow husbandry routines; provision of water, food, and bedding; recording of observations and conducting daily animal checks; preparing equipment and materials as required; conduct animal health checks and record accordingly; carry out post mortems
- Responsible, under direction, for training junior team members as directed by the manager
- Responsible, under direction, for breeding colony management
- Procedural work as outlined under PPLs
- Liaise and communicate with internal and external customers
- Consumable and animal stock management and ordering
- Responsible for keeping good written/electronic records
- Weekend and bank holiday work on a rota basis, and call out as and when required.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.