Salary: £15,000 plus overtime
Ref: ALS 2056
Our client is a specialist with over 25 years’ experience in providing support, food and equipment within the growing reptile market. They are looking to recruit a Livestock Operative to help support within their Livestock department.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining and packing livestock ready for sale and provide a high level of customer support.
- Basic reading, writing & arithmetic skills
- Positive work ethic/ attitude and attention to detail
- Strong focus on maximising yields and quality of insects
- Ability to interpret insect behaviour to spot potential problems
- Ability to build effective relationships and work as part of a team
- Ability to tolerate working in high temperatures/humidity
- Good communication skills and be able to work quickly & efficiently
- The ideal candidate would have to meet all occupational health requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor, feed and water livestock daily
- Clean livestock as required
- Clean and maintain working area
- Prepare tanks to receive new stock
- Pack livestock for sending by courier or on our own vans
- Proficient with Company software systems
- Operate within standard operating procedures(SOP)
- Ensure that quality levels are maintained
- Health & Safety compliance in accordance with company policy
- Assist in other areas of the operation as required
- Monitor livestock rooms and report problems
- Answer questions and enquiries from the office and customers.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.