Scientist - PTP
Ref: ALS 2028
On behalf of our client, a leader in the discovery and development of novel bispecific antibodies, we are looking to recruit a Scientist to work within the Translational Immunology team as part of the Preclinical Translational Pharmacology (PTP) Department. The successful candidate will be accountable for designing, executing and analysing experiments to further understanding of the biology and mechanism of action of bispecific molecules.
- Home Office Personal Licence Holder (or international equivalent)
- PhD in a biological subject with a relevant focus on Immunology, Oncology or Pharmacology
- Technically competent in the development and characterisation of murine models, preferably in an oncology setting
- Ability to analyse immune cell populations by multi-colour flow cytometry (e.g. TIL analysis)
- Proven experience designing and optimising biological and immunological assays for robustness and reliable data quality (e.g. ELISA, MSD)
- Experience with mouse transplantable tumour models (syngeneics) would be an advantage
- Evidence of a track record of successful research, as evidenced by publications (manuscripts, oral presentations, posters, patent, project milestones)
- Strong attention to detail, strong communication skills and proven ability to work well in teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently design and execute experiments in line with project goals and strategy to achieve project plans and milestones
- Use expertise to develop novel and refine/optimise existing in vitro and in vivo assays used to characterise bispecific molecules
- Provide key immunological expertise to the team and apply knowledge of multiple disciplines or technological processes to affect program/project direction
- Work collaboratively by communicating ideas, experimental strategy, methods and results to line managers and present to project teams
- Act as a mentor for more junior members of the team, providing support with lab-based training and supervision
- Maintain an up to date awareness of scientific literature and competitive intelligence relevant to the company.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.