Senior Technical Specialist
Ref: ALS 2096
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Senior Bioanalysis Technical Specialist. The successful candidate will carry out quantitative LC-MS/MS method development and troubleshooting, and will provide specialist analytical support for bioanalysis and the wider metabolism department.
- BSc or PhD in Chemistry or a related discipline
- Many years’ experience in Regulated Bioanalysis in a CRO or Pharmaceutical company
- Experience in method development and troubleshooting
- Expert in LC-MS/MS
- Understanding and experience of working within a GLP/GCP regulated environment
- Existing knowledge of LIMS systems
- Detailed knowledge of Regulated Bioanalysis guidelines
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train and mentor less experienced staff in method development and operation of mass spectrometers
- Provide analytical support for regulatory and non-regulated bioanalysis, ADME and in-vitro studies
- Responsible for the efficient running of the Quantitative MS laboratory including scheduling of work onto the instruments
- Act as an interface with contract service support provider for LC-MS/MS, calling engineers and managing instrument break-downs to ensure minimum instrument down-time
- Manage and maintain instrument maintenance records, ensuring they comply with departmental SOPs and are available at all times for QA or external auditor inspection
- Identify new technologies, which could be of significant benefit to the group, improving capability or reducing operational costs
- As a recognized expert within the industry increase the profile of the department externally through playing an active role in expert groups, networking and publications
- Actively contribute to client visits and teleconferences
- Act as Deputy System Owner for Analyst software and ensure change control procedures and an IQ/OQ/PQ dossier is maintained to reflect any alterations to initial system configuration
- Encourage a continuous improvement culture, proposing process improvements/new service offerings.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.