Standards & Licensing Manager
Salary: £35,000 - £38,000
Ref: ALS 2005
Agenda are seeking a Standards & Licensing Manager on behalf of a leading biomedical discovery institute in London. This institute can offer you the opportunity to take on a senior level role within the organisation and state of the art facilities.
- Minimum relevant degree in biological sciences or related subject
- Direct experience of working within a laboratory animal facility or within a scientific/biomedical research environment
- Completion of Home Office Training, modules L, E1, E2, and PPL
- Understanding and knowledge of Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986
Duties & Responsibilities:
The purpose of this role is to support the whole research facility and scientific staff with high level and professional administration services. The Standards & Licensing Manager will act as the Home Office Liaison contact and aid communication across the facility.
Additional responsibilities and duties include:
- Acting as the central point of contact for the Home Office and all senior management within the facility
- Liaise with the Home Office, attending meetings/workshops and communicating legal requirements back within the organisation
- Developing and implementing local processes, ensuring compliance with welfare regulations and best practice
- Overseeing the use of electronic licensing systems and the completion of project and personal licence applications
- Management and ownership of meetings, reports and auditing processes for licensees
- Maintaining a consistent approach to animal care and welfare, including providing assistance to the NVS and additional named persons
- Assisting in AWERB and subcommittees, with responsibility for the management and provision of the secretariat functions
- Producing a range of written reports on behalf of the institute
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.