Location: Oxford Salary: £35,000 – £50,000 Ref: ALS 2403Apply Here
Agenda are acting as a dedicated recruitment partner to a true market leader in the pre-clinical research equipment sector. Due to the continued growth and success of this organisation, a new role has been created for an Account Manager to cover the South of the UK and Ireland.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Sales/Business Development professional looking to take the next in their career within life sciences. In addition to a well-structured organisational setup and a team-focused mentality, this company can offer continued development and opportunities to progress in the future.
- Significant experience in account management development with a proven track record of success in client-facing/commercial roles
- Current industry sales experience within the life science industry is essential
- Proven experience of capital equipment sales is preferred
- Understand how to separate and combine tasks into efficient workflows, that allows for measured outcomes and maximisation of resources
- Ability to drive business success through managing customer needs, demonstrating consistent and impressive drive to bring change in support of growth over a period of time
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationships both inside and outside the organisation
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Achieve order and sales targets in designated sales territory and accounts
- To work as part of the field-based team and drive sales activity and business growth for specific product ranges
- Fulfil sales target for territory in any 12-month period
- Initiate, organise and attend client visits
- Build and maintain relationships with all appropriate personnel in client organisations in order to maximise their knowledge of the Company its products and applications, and level of customer service offered
- Prepare materials for the written tender process and actively pursue these to the point of order
- Use the Customer Relationship Management system to maintain and develop client records according to the agreed standards to assist in development of sales
- Provide accurate and timely data on opportunity management and forecasting
- Manage the loan of trial equipment to customers from initial enquiry to return so that the customer is actively encouraged to buy from the Company
- Work with Marketing and other departments to integrate sales efforts with marketing activities (product launches, mailshots, symposia, exhibitions)
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities in the agreed format and frequency to assist with keeping ahead of the competition
- Develop and maintain product knowledge to provide prompt, accurate up to date information for customers
- Participate in exhibitions, meetings and other events as and where necessary
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.