Location: Northamptonshire Salary: Competitive Ref: ALS 2387Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an Analytical Chemist with a sound basic understanding and experience in a range of analytical techniques, primarily chromatographic and spectroscopic, to support the custom synthesis team in radio-labelled compounds.
- Degree in Chemistry, or relevant experience
- Good theoretical grounding of chromatographic and spectroscopic techniques is essential
- Experience as a practising analyst is highly desirable
- Experience in data evaluation using spreadsheet and statistical tools is desirable
- An appreciation of quality/regulatory standards and quality systems – in particular the relationship of the MHRA with the pharmaceutical industry.
- Conscientious and meticulous in laboratory and written work
- Good time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Proven ability to problem-solve
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and as part of a team
- Willingness to contribute to new ideas and initiatives
- Computer literate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out QC analyses on a diverse range of chemical compounds to support custom synthesis teams
- Perform QC analysis of materials on stability as required
- Interpret and describe analytical results, explaining them to a wider audience
- Maintain accurate and clear laboratory records
- Maintain QC instruments in good working order and report any faults promptly
- Participate in verification/validation of analytical methods, drafting method verification protocols/reports, and controlled analysis documents
- Prepare out-of-specification (OOS) and deviation documentation as required
- Participate in the validation/qualification of laboratory equipment as necessary
- QC release raw materials from quarantine for use in GMP manufacture
- Carry out QC review of analytical data
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.