Location: Oxfordshire Salary: £16,832 Ref: ALS 2147Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an Animal Care Technician to join a team carrying out daily animal care and welfare duties.
This is a fixed-term contract for 1 year.
Please note that due to our client’s rural location and in the absence of suitable public transport links, having your own transport is essential.
- Animal Care Qualification and a genuine interest in the care of animals
- Practical experience caring for animals in a work or voluntary capacity
- Ability to carry out routine tasks and procedures under instruction and organise own daily tasks
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out daily welfare checks
- Accurate record keeping
- Provide adequate supplies of food, water, bedding, and consumables for animals as required
- Ensure cages and enclosures are cleaned in accordance with the work instructions and maintained to the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness
- Provide animals with environmental enrichment
- To be responsible for personal and colleagues’ Health and Safety by observing company and legislative guidelines and safe working practices
- Weekend and bank holiday cover will be required on a rota basis.
Due to the biosecurity restrictions, unfortunately our client cannot employ anyone that owns or comes into regular contact with rabbits, mice, rats, guinea pigs or ferrets.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.