LOCATION: Leicestershire SALARY: £18,000 REF: ALS 2467Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Animal Research Technician to assist with the collection and testing of animal samples for health screening and biproduct activity. This is a great opportunity for candidates looking to pursue a career in a laboratory environment to learn new skills and receive further development and training.
Please note that due to our client’s rural location and in the absence of suitable public transport links, having your own transport is essential.
- Previous work in an animal research or scientific environment is desirable.
- Strong empathy with animals – this is at the heart of everything we do.
- Animal welfare or Scientific Qualification
- Knowledge of parasitology screening or necropsy procedures are advantageous.
- Attention to details and ability to follow set procedures and instructions.
- Strong focus on both customer and quality
- Full, clean driving licence
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collection of samples and bioproducts on all types of animals for both health screening and bioproduct activity
- Running direct parasitology testing on caecum contains and fur swab for samples collected on animals.
- Ensuring that all animal husbandry and procedural records/data are up to date and accurate.
- Provision of environmental enrichment
- Ensuring enclosures and cages are cleaned and maintained to the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.