Location: Blackthorn, Oxfordshire Salary: 16,300 – 17,000 Ref: ALS 2359
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an Animal Care Technician to join a team carrying out daily care and welfare duties for laboratory animals.
Please note that due to our client’s rural location and in the absence of suitable public transport links, having your own transport is essential.
- Practical experience caring for animals in a work or voluntary capacity, and a genuine interest in the care of animals
- Animal Care Qualification Level 2 or higher are desirable
- Ability to carry out routine tasks and procedures under instruction and organise own daily tasks
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent qualifications including Maths, English and Science are advantageous
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide adequate supplies of food, water, bedding, and consumables for animals as required
- Carry out daily welfare checks
- Accurate record keeping
- Ensure cages and enclosures are cleaned in accordance with the work instructions and maintained to the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness
- Provide animals with environmental enrichment
- To be responsible for personal and colleagues’ Health and Safety by observing company and legislative guidelines and safe working practices
- Weekend and bank holiday cover will be required on a rota basis.
Due to the biosecurity restrictions, unfortunately our client cannot employ anyone that owns or comes into regular contact with rabbits, mice, rats, guinea pigs or ferrets.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.