LOCATION: Gosport SALARY: From £18,250 REF: ALS 2568Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an Animal Technician to provide husbandry and technical support to researchers to assist the day-to-day workloads of the animal facility. The successful candidate will ideally have laboratory animal husbandry experience and a desire to undergo further training.
Due to shift patterns required for the role, having a driving licence and your own transport is essential.
- Minimum of GCSE’s (or equivalent) including English, Maths and Science (or equivalent experience).
- An animal care qualification and a passion for working within the animal industry.
- Holding a Home Office Personal Licence is desirable
- Animal handling and husbandry experience with rodents
- Attention to detail and ability to keep accurate records
- Willingness to undertake training in accordance with Home Office requirements
- Driving licence and own transport is essential due to shift patterns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Routine animal husbandry, observations, weighing and marking of procedural animals, environmental monitoring and record keeping
- Assist in ensuring that the BSU and adjoining laboratories are adequately stocked with consumables
- After appropriate training, assisting with regulated procedures
- Taking part in team discussions around current scientific work
- Keep accurate records and capture data in writing or electronically as required
- Maintain and set up laboratory equipment
- Understand compliance with Home Office regulations
- Contribute to the general maintenance of the facility, working to a high standard of cleanliness at all times
- Shift work is required for this role including nights. Weekend and bank holiday cover will also be required on a rota basis.
Due to the biosecurity restrictions, unfortunately our client cannot employ anyone that owns or comes into regular contact with rabbits, mice, rats, guinea pigs or ferrets.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a comprehensive background and pre-employment screening, an essential part of Agenda’s recruitment process.