Location: Cambridgeshire Salary: £20,453 – £24,748 Ref: ALS 2202Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking for Animal Technicians to provide daily husbandry duties and support researchers in their animal facility to contribute to the understanding of genetics in health and disease. The company will provide all appropriate training and offers a career pathway, so you can continue to progress and learn new skills in the laboratory animal industry.
- IAT qualification or equivalent
- Experience in an animal facility and assisting with regulated procedures
- Holding a Home Office Personal Licence is desirable
- Familiarity with Individually Ventilated Cages or Isolators is advantageous
- Ability to keep neat and accurate records
- Effective at communicating and liaising with others
- Previous experience with rodents, fish or frogs is beneficial
- Experience of handling and sexing offspring
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily animal husbandry duties, including keeping detailed records, handling, sexing and identification or animals to ensure that high standards of animal welfare are maintained at all times
- Carrying out regular observations and health checks, and provide regular updates to researchers to support their programme of study
- After appropriate Home Office training, assist with and perform regulated procedures
- Keeping accurate records of breeding performance, reviewing breeding data and selecting animals for future breeding in order to preserve specific strains
- Train, supervise, and advise new staff members and new facility users in internal procedures, processes and general husbandry
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness throughout the animal facility
- Participate in the rota for weekend and bank holiday cover, which will be 1 in 3 weekends.
Due to the biosecurity restrictions, unfortunately our client cannot employ anyone that owns or comes into regular contact with rabbits, mice, rats, guinea pigs or ferrets.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.