LOCATION: Oxfordshire SALARY: £17,000 – £18,324 REF: ALS 2502Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruiting for an Animal Technician, Our Client currently has an opportunity to join the team as an Animal Technician carrying out animal husbandry and breeding tasks for small animals. This is a great opportunity for candidates looking to pursue a career in a laboratory environment to learn new skills and receive further development and training.
Please note that due to our client’s rural location and in the absence of suitable public transport links, having your own transport is essential.
- Previous experience within an animal facility would be ideal, although we will offer full training to the right person.
- Recognised qualification from either an Animal Care or scientific background
- Strong empathy with animals – this is at the heart of everything we do.
- Good communication, organisation, and time management skills
- Strong focus on both customer and quality
- Understanding of the organisation and the work performed on site.
- Conscientious and professional attitude
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the management of established breeding colonies
- Carrying out daily tasks which include temperature monitoring, animal checks and general housekeeping within the department.
- Ensuring that all animal husbandry and procedural records/data are up to date and accurate.
- Providing exceptional care to our animals, carrying out animal husbandry including: Provision of adequate fresh food and water, Provision of environmental enrichment and Ensuring enclosures and cages are cleaned and maintained to the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
Due to the biosecurity restrictions, unfortunately our client cannot employ anyone that owns or comes into regular contact with rabbits, mice, rats, guinea pigs or ferrets.
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a comprehensive background and pre-employment screening, which is an essential part of Agenda’s recruitment process.