Location: London Salary: Competitive Ref: ALS 2287Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Senior Licensed Animal Technician to work for a leading CRO, joining their motivated team providing the highest level of animal care.The successful candidate will be conducting in vivo procedural work, routine dosing and behavioural studies. Within this role, you will receive unique opportunities to develop your technical skills in all areas
- Hold Home Office Licence modules 1-4
- A degree in a life sciences discipline is preferred, but candidates with a relevant diploma and experience will also be considered
- Mouse and rat husbandry skills
- Confident and experienced in subcutaneous, intraperitoneal, intravenous, and oral dosing techniques is essential
- Previous experience of surgery techniques, pain studies, and behaviour studies are desirable
- Experience working in a CRO environment is advantageous
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing technical procedures using your home office license including surgery and dosing techniques
- Liaising with researchers and all experimental staff
- Conduct in vivo experimental studies and record and analyse results
- Day to day care, welfare and general husbandry of rodents
- Cleaning and maintenance duties throughout the unit, working to a high standard of cleanliness and health and safety at all times
- Recording data to support regulatory compliance and animal welfare.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.