Location: Surrey Salary: £17,000 – £20,000 Ref: ALS 2285Apply Here
A research facility that delivers solution to some of the world’s toughest healthcare issues is currently seeking a Trainee Animal Technician to assist with the care, welfare and maintenance of laboratory animals.
- Animal care qualification at Level 3 or higher
- Practical experience caring for animals in a work or voluntary capacity, and a genuine interest in the care of animals
- Ability to carry out routine tasks and procedures under instruction and organise own daily tasks
- Attention to detail and ability to work in and maintain an ordered working environment
- Good IT skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with animal husbandry duties, including provision of food and water and maintaining high levels of hygiene for each animal
- Routine observations of animals, including breeding pairs, stock and those on procedures, especially for signs of departure from good health. Regular handling of animals under all environmental conditions.
- Keeping accurate records and inputting data onto computer systems
- Understand compliance with the Home Office regulations
- Assisting in the safe maintenance of cages housing rodents
- Working weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis.
Due to the biosecurity restrictions, unfortunately our client cannot employ anyone that owns or comes into regular contact with rabbits, mice, rats, guinea pigs or ferrets.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.