Location: Leicestershire Salary: £18,000 Ref: ALS 2318Apply Here
Our client, a leading CRO specialising in pre-clinical cancer research are looking to recruit an Animal Technician to join their in vivo laboratory team. The successful candidate will be required carry out daily animal husbandry duties and ensure high standards of animal welfare are maintained in the facility.
The company provides appropriate training and offers a career pathway, so you can continue to progress and learn new skills in the laboratory animal industry.
- Level 3 Animal Care qualification, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience performing husbandry duties, cleaning, feeding, and health checking rodents
- Experience of working with animals in a laboratory environment is advantageous
- Self-motivated, flexible approach to work and to participate in weekend/cover rota
- Ideally competent in data analysis, computer software and report writing skills
- Having you own transport is essential due to the client’s rural location
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regular handling of animals under all environmental conditions and daily animal husbandry duties, including provision of food and water and maintaining high levels of hygiene for each animal
- Carrying out regular observations and health checks, and provide regular updates to researchers to support their programme of study
- An understanding of the Animals Scientific Procedures Act 1986 and Home Office guidelines relating to the use of animals in a research environment
- After appropriate Home Office training, assist with and perform regulated procedures
- Accurately maintain records within the facility management system
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness throughout the animal facility
- Carry out any other duties which are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.