LOCATION: Nottingham SALARY: £19,000 – £22,000 REF: ALS 2573Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an Animal Technician to join their in vivo research team. The successful candidate will be required to provide husbandry and welfare to laboratory animals to support study requirements across 2 sites in Nottingham and be willing to receive further training to progress into a scientific role. This role is perfect for someone looking to build a career within In Vivo research and Life Sciences.
- Qualification in Animal Care or a Biology related subject.
- Interest in animal care and welfare and hands-on experience working with animals.
- Previous experience in a research environment is desirable.
- Self-motivated, well organised, and able to prioritise tasks.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Be able to work weekend overtime as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day care, welfare, and general husbandry of laboratory rodents including weighing and cage changing of animals.
- Carrying out regular observations and health checks and provide regular updates to researchers to support studies.
- Responsible for diet storage levels are maintained to facility and study requirements.
- Responsible for the housekeeping of general laboratory area including maintaining and reviewing reagents and stock chemicals.
- Accurately maintain records, e.g., cleaning, breeding, and monitoring as instructed by the supervisor.
- After appropriate training, assisting Study Scientists with procedures where required.
- Awareness of and adherence to the facility SOPs and ensure compliance with health and safety and other relevant legislation.
- Join the rota to cover weekend and bank holiday cover.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a comprehensive background and pre-employment screening, an essential part of Agenda’s recruitment process.