Location: Portsmouth Salary: £17,000 – £25,000 Ref: ALS 2324Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an Animal Technician to provide husbandry and welfare to laboratory animals to support the day to day workloads of the animal facility. The successful candidate will ideally have laboratory animal husbandry experience and a desire to undergo further training.
Due to shift patterns required for the role, having a driving licence and your own transport is essential.
- Animal care or science-related qualification and a genuine interest in the care of animals
- Animal handling and husbandry experience
- Previous experience working in a biological research environment is advantageous
- Home Office Personal Licence is desirable
- Attention to detail and ability to keep accurate records
- Willingness to undertake training in accordance with Home Office requirements
- Driving licence and own transport is essential due to shift patterns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily animal husbandry duties including providing diet, water and enrichment to the animals, and changing cages and associated equipment
- Monitor animal health and report anomalies as required
- Hold a Home Office Personal Licence, and carry out regulated procedures following suitable training, supervision and competence assessment
- Make observations, keep accurate records and capture data in writing or electronically as required
- Liaising with researchers and experimental staff
- Understand compliance with Home Office regulations
- Contribute to the general maintenance of the facility, working to a high standard of cleanliness at all times
- Shift work is required for this role including nights. Weekend and bank holiday cover will also be required on a rota basis.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.