LOCATION: Leicestershire SALARY: Up to £18,000 REF: ALS 2525Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an Animal Technician to assist with a range of duties such as carrying out animal husbandry and breeding tasks for small animals. This is a great opportunity for candidates looking to pursue a career in a laboratory environment to learn new skills and receive further development and training.
Please note that due to our client’s rural location and in the absence of suitable public transport links, having your own transport is essential.
- Passionate about animals and animal welfare.
- Recognised qualification from either an Animal Care or scientific background is desirable.
- Strong work ethic and good attention to detail.
- Good communication, organisation, and time management skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team supporting colleagues across the site
- Willing to complete mandatory training as required to become competent in all aspects of the role.
- Ability to work weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis.
- Full driving licence and own transport.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily feeding, watering, and observation of the animals alongside routine welfare and environmental checks.
- Reporting any welfare concerns to appropriate team member, NACWO or line manager.
- Cleaning out and maintaining animal cages, rooms, associated areas, and equipment.
- Following strict biosecurity policy and disease prevention processes.
- Collecting and recording data accurately and in line with company policies and processes.
- Breeding of animals including sexing, weaning, timed mating, and weighing animals.
- Preparing transport boxes, selecting, and packing animals for delivery.
- Set up, cleaning, and organisation of isolators as well as assessment/repairing of isolators as required.
- Receiving and dispatching goods into and out of the barrier/isolator/animal unit, with correct use of sterilization procedures to maintain barrier status, if necessary.
Due to the biosecurity restrictions, unfortunately our client cannot employ anyone that owns or comes into regular contact with rabbits, mice, rats, guinea pigs or ferrets.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.