Location: Near Bristol Salary: £17,000 – £22,000 Ref: ALS 2244Apply Here
Our client, a contract research organisation, providing cell biology and pharmacology support to a range of global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, are looking to recruit an Animal Technician to be a part of their dynamic and flexible team carrying out the daily husbandry of laboratory animals.
- Level 3 Animal Care qualification, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience performing husbandry duties, cleaning, feeding and health checking
- A passion for caring and working with animals
- Experience of working with animals in a laboratory environment is desirable
- Self-motivated, flexible approach to work and to participate in weekend/cover rota
- Ideally competent in data analysis, computer software and report writing skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Regular handling of animals under all environmental conditions and daily animal husbandry duties, including provision of food and water and maintaining high levels of hygiene for each animal
- Carrying out regular observations including environmental monitoring and health checks
- Blood sampling and dissections
- Maintaining accurate records and a high standard of report writing
- Work within defined Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs) with a keen eye for detail
- Additional laboratory techniques as required
- An understanding of the Animals Scientific Procedures Act 1986 and Home Office guidelines relating to the use of animals in a research environment
- Appropriate training will be provided if necessary
- Contribute to the weekend and out of hours work on a rota basis.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.