Location: Cambridgeshire Salary: £11,800 per annum Ref: CT 25
Looking for a new challenge working with animals in Cambridgeshire?Apply Here
Agenda are the largest provider of Animal Technicians within the life science sector and are working in partnership with the Babraham Institute to encourage apprentices into our industry. We are looking for adventurous individuals who would like to contribute to the research industry, whilst maintaining a high standard of welfare.
This is a 12-month apprenticeship working towards an IAT Level 2 qualification.
- Minimum GCSE Grades C or equivalents (including English, Maths and a science subject)
- Basic animal husbandry skills e.g. handling, cleaning out, feeding and watering
- Previous work within an animal care environment
- Basic IT skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and to prioritise work under pressure
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily checks of animals to ensure their welfare with close liaison with your mentor and room supervisor
- All aspects of animal husbandry, including cleaning out, feeding, watering, mating and weaning
- Liaising with researchers and Small Animal Facility staff regarding issues such as breeding strategies, scheduling of procedures, supplying to order
- Maintaining the animal health barriers through high standards of cleanliness
- A commitment to assisting with the daily running of the unit, including general housekeeping and maintenance of store rooms
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.