Location: Northamptonshire Salary: Competitive Ref: ALS 2475Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Research Scientist/Technician who will perform laboratory tasks on pre-clinical and clinical metabolism studies.
- MSc or BSc in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences or related subject
- Good experience working in analytical, bioanalytical, biochemistry laboratories
- Proficiency in analytical techniques, such as HPLC/TLC/LC-MS
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Organisational and scheduling skills
- Time management and prioritisation
- Problem solving
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- A willingness to be flexible in working hours
- A good understanding of metabolism studies
- Experience of working to GLP
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the roles and responsibilities of a Laboratory Technician, demonstrating a high level of competence
- Perform established analytical procedures
- General laboratory tasks
- Support other members of staff in their work as appropriate or as directed
- Prepare samples for quantification, chromatography or other analysis.
- Assist in the development of new analytical procedures/study types.
- Perform more complex experimental techniques e.g. dose preparation and assessment, dose administration/application, HPLC set up and analysis, as required.
- Prepare dose theory calculations
- Calculate and QC check data for review by relevant Study Director
- Prepare experimental worksheets
- QRA data completion (check for repeat analysis as appropriate)
- Prepare study updates and study data for communication to the client and inclusion into reports.
- Over time act as a Study Supervisor on assigned studies, ensuring tasks are completed in a timely manner to an agreed level of quality, to include:
- Over time supervise laboratory technicians on assigned studies
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.