Location: Leicestershire Salary: £16,657 – £17,713 Ref: ALS 2466Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Barrier Support Technician to join a team working in an animal facility. The successful candidate will provide support to staff by ensuring smooth transition of stores items into the Barrier, operating the required equipment.
Please note that due to our client’s rural location and in the absence of suitable public transport links, having your own transport is essential.
- Good level of English to be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Strong manual handling capabilities.
- Confidence to work alone for parts of the day.
- Forklift licence is beneficial, but candidates without one will be considered as training is available.
- Good communication and computer skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a busy role with changing priorities.
- Full driving licence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receiving of deliveries and ensuring all paperwork is correct and systems are updated accordingly.
- Operating the required machinery/equipment for the loading and unloading of deliveries.
- Picking and packing, checking the quality of packed goods.
- Operation of autoclave and packing machinery.
- Stock counts and rotation.
- Dispatching stores items to all areas.
- Supporting the maintenance team with essential work on site.
- Supporting and guiding visitors to site.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.