Location: Birmingham Salary: £17,682 – £20,675 Ref: ALS 2388Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Biomedical Facility Technician/Hygiene Technician to carry out daily duties in the Biomedical Facility. This will include washing cages, keeping the area clean and portering duties. Minimal animal husbandry duties will be expected, with some duties outside of the Facility when time allows.
- A level or equivalent in a relevant subject is essential
- Experience of cleaning techniques and manual handling is essential but further training will be provided
- Awareness of Health & Safety legislation and safe working practices
- Competent in the use of relevant IT packages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to be flexible and support colleagues
- Ability to follow clear instructions and learn procedures and protocols
- Membership of Institute of Animal Technicians is desirable
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean animal cages and racks, with minimal supervision
- Using specialised and industrial equipment and specialised PPE to departmental standards and regulations
- Using a range of disinfectants and detergents. Each of these has a specific use and dilution rate.
- Cleaning of equipment
- Care and basic maintenance of autoclave and external compressor
- Liaison with members of the team to report any faults to the equipment
- To ensure that all clinical and medical waste is removed according to policies and procedures, and to legal requirements
- To ensure that Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and that the work areas are kept in a safe and orderly manner
- To undertake any technical support duties as may be reasonable expected from time to time
- Engage in continuous personal and professional development in line with the demands of the role
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.