Location: Leicestershire Salary: £16,657 – £17,713 Ref: ALS 2467Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Bioproducts Technician to assist with the collection and testing of animal samples for health screening and biproduct activity. This is a great opportunity for candidates looking to pursue a career in a laboratory environment to learn new skills and receive further development and training.
Please note that due to our client’s rural location and in the absence of suitable public transport links, having your own transport is essential.
- Home Office Personal Licence is desirable
- Knowledge of the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986
- Passion for animal welfare
- Knowledge of parasitology screening or necropsy procedures are advantageous
- Attention to details and ability to follow set procedures and instructions
- Good communication skills, able to communicate with colleagues and customers at all levels
- Full, clean driving licence
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collection of samples and bioproducts on all types of animals for both health screening and bioproduct activity
- Organisation and aseptic collection of oral swab, fur swab, faecal samples, and blood on animals to deliver samples for health monitoring on site of in customer facilities throughout Europe
- Perform analysis of animal tissue and fluids to detect and diagnose disease
- Running parasitology testing on caecum contains and fur swab samples collected on animals
- Keeping accurate records as required
- Maintenance and use of laboratory equipment
Due to the biosecurity restrictions, unfortunately our client cannot employ anyone that owns or comes into regular contact with rabbits, mice, rats, guinea pigs or ferrets.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.