The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is coming into force on the 25th of May 2018. It's replacing the current Data Protection Act 1998 and broadens the requirements of organisations that collect and process personal information.
Are you ready?
Do you comply?
Did you know that organisations found in breach of the regulation can expect administration fines of up to 4% of their annual global turnover of 20 million euro, whichever is greater?
Agenda are hosting GDPR half day workshops to help you prepare for what it is to come. With our skilled and certified GDPR Practitioner Chris Withers, you will be able to come away from our workshop with an understanding of the key changes, the impact of the new legislation, the processes that you will need to consider before becoming compliant and there will be an opportunity to discuss any specific concerns you may have.
The workshops will cover the following:
- An overview of GDPR and what’s changing
- 12 practical steps to prepare you for GDPR
- Understanding of key terms, definitions and scope
- Definition of personal data under new legislation
- How these changes affect your data processing
- The lawful basis for processing the information you hold
- Appropriate technical and organizational measures, including information security
- Consent – what is it? When is necessary? How to obtain and evidence consent?
- The rights of data subjects
- Data mapping and records of processing data
- Data protection officer – do you need one? Their role, accountability and liability
- Data privacy issues
- Penalties of non-compliance with GDPR
We are able to host the workshops at your premises or at our Head Office in East Yorkshire.
The workshops cost £425 (plus VAT) per session, please contact us for more information on email@example.com.