Location: North-West London Salary: £45,000 – £55,000 Ref: ALS 2275
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Scientific Projects & Facility Manager to oversee all contract research, project management of deliverables and training courses to ensure that protocols are agreed, and quality is delivered. The successful candidate will ensure all Home Office legislation and GLP requirements are adhered to and manage the business plans and budgets for projects within the facility.
At a pivotal time for the organisation, the successful individual will have the opportunity to undertake an autonomous and ‘hands on’ role. In addition to a competitive salary and a relocation package (where required), this organisation can offer an extremely varied role with the opportunity to really be a strategic leader and put ‘your own stamp on things’. The role will encompass a wide range of responsibilities and require expertise and guidance across a number of different business areas and services.
- Project management experience is essential
- Knowledge of Home Office Licensing and GLP is desirable
- Previous experience with contractual management and SLA’s
- Proven ability in resource management and managing financial budgets and reports
- Familiarity with Health and Safety requirements, COSHH, risk assessment and animal allergy policies
- Influencing and negotiation skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of the key deliverables for each contract or course including theatre and animal staffing, animal facility, and theatres
- Produce the budget and manage the business plans for the contract research facility
- Ensure that the Institute maintains its Home Office regulated licensed establishment status without breach or compromise
- Liaise with suppliers and clients whenever needed to ensure smooth running of projects, working closely with the Business Development Manager to agree new contracts and report on delivery to clients
- Devise and implement efficient and relevant work practices and routines and ensure they are trained to and maintained
- Price all new project work and training courses in liaison with the Director/Senior Scientist and the Study Director, as well as consulting with the Finance Director on pricing strategy
- Implement GLP requirements across projects and monitor
- Provide month project progress reports for contract deliverables
- Assist other teams within the Institute when required
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.