LOCATION: South UK SALARY: Competitive REF: ALS 2535Apply Here
Our client, a UK leader in facility management for in vivo research services across multiple therapeutic areas, is looking for a Business Development Executive to drive sales and business development in the UK and Ireland territories, for a state-of-the-art science park which is rapidly developing to become a centre of excellence for life sciences.
There is flexibility on working from home for this role, with some site presence required.
- A critical position responsible for selling in-vivo laboratory space and associated services.
- Achieve sales targets in designated sales territories
- Part of the field-based team, driving sales and growth for the science park and in vivo facility.
- Initiate, organise and attend client visits.
- Build and maintain relationships within client organisations, maximising their knowledge of the Company, its services, applications, and level of customer service.
- Account-manage existing clients for increased business and retention.
- Work with marketing teams to integrate sales efforts with e-shots, media and conferences.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities
- Develop and maintain knowledge, providing prompt, accurate and up-to-date information.
- Use the Customer Relationship Management system to maintain and develop client records
- Provide accurate and timely data on opportunity management and forecasting.
- Participate in exhibitions, meetings and other events as and where necessary.
- An understanding of in vivo research models and services within pharma and academia
- Sales experience preferable but not essential to maximise sales opportunities and growth.
- Steadfastly pushes self and others to achieve client expectations.
- Understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient workflows, allowing for measured outcomes and maximisation of resources.
- Ability to drive business success through managing customer needs, demonstrating consistent and impressive drive, to bring change in support of growth over a period of time.
- Build constructive and effective relationships both inside and outside the organisation.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good IT skills (MS Office, CRM)
- Commercial understanding of market, competition, pricing and discount structures.
- Listens and responds to customer needs.
- Champions continuous improvement.
- Solves problems and drives results, consistently using sound judgement .
- Operates with transparency and is trusted.
- Demonstrates humility and self-awareness.
- Effective time management and personal organisation.
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a comprehensive background and pre-employment screening, which is an essential part of Agenda’s recruitment process.