Location: Field Based – UK Wide Salary: £50,000 – £60,000 +Commission Ref: ALS 2412Apply Here
Agenda Life Sciences are supporting a specialist Life Science IT service and software provider in their expansion within the UK market. As a recruitment partner to the organisation, we are looking to recruit an experienced Business Development manager to further their growth. The business is well established in Europe and there is already a good platform of business and interest in the UK from which to build.
Initially, the position will be conducted solely from home, however, once the COVID-19 pandemic has subsided travel to client sites and conferences will form a significant part of the role. Your location in the UK can be flexible providing that you are able to travel easily as and when required as part of your job. Proximity to key locations such as Cambridge, London and/or Oxford is beneficial, as is locality to an airport. This is a lead role within the UK operations and requires in-depth experience and knowledge of In Vivo research.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Arrange and attend client meetings, secure/deliver product demonstrations, initiate sales, and contract renewals
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to build awareness and achieve goals in the UK market
- Proactively map out the sales territory, identify key prospects and drive business development
- Establish, develop and maintain key business relationships with clients
- Act as the account manager to clients and be the first point of contact for queries, technical support and feedback over the phone/e-mail
- Train clients in the use of the software
- Plan, organise and attend industry events and conferences
- Prepare offers, contracts and write responses to tenders
- Preparation of technical documentation and information used in client help guides
- Previous experience In Vivo research sales and/or services is required
- A BSc degree or relatable research qualification is desirable
- Flexible approach and willingness to travel across the UK and into Europe on occasion
- Computer literacy and ability to manage a technical sales process
- An ability to speak languages in addition to English would be beneficial but not essential
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.