Location: Remote Salary: £50,000- £60,000 Ref: ALS 2468Apply Here
Our client, a world leading CRO working towards challenges in drug discovery for a range of key disease areas, are looking for a Business Development Manager to oversee operations across their UK clientbase. The successful candidate will assume responsibility for the development, implementation and execution of tailored sales and marketing strategies.
Although travel to key client locations across the UK is regularly required, this position will be conducted remotely from home on a permanent basis and location can be flexible.
- PhD in biological sciences
- Significant experience in business development or client-facing roles
- Relevant industry experience within pharma, biotechnology or CRO
- A background in pharmacology or drug discovery is advantageous
- Strong selling and negotiation skills to build strong customer relationships
- Ability to network, strategise, and develop sustainable long-term plans within a territory
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for building a strong, sustainable pipeline and achieving set sales targets
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to achieve corporate goals in the assigned market
- Identify and analyse business opportunities, and formulate plans to capture opportunities
- Develop and maintain key business relationships across a broad sphere of influence, both internally and externally
- Understand customer needs and diligently translate this back to colleagues to create customised proposals
- Contact prospective customer/partner companies to further explore business opportunities and manage negotiations
- Participate in conferences and networking events, and organise targeted seminars and promotional events within the territory
- Proactively manage sales administration process and maintain accuracy of client relationship management database
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.