LOCATION: Nottingham SALARY: £45,000 – £55,000 REF: ALS 2544Apply Here
Our client, a GLP compliant laboratory with an experienced scientific team providing specialist immunohistochemistry (IHC), histology, digital pathology and image analysis solutions are seeking a Business Development Manager. The role would suit someone who is highly motivated with proven sales experience within the Life Sciences industry, preferably with experience selling CRO services to pharmaceutical and biotech clients. This role can be home based, office based or a mix of both, but you will be expected to be in the office for key meetings and client visits.
- Degree in Life Sciences.
- Significant business development experience in pharmaceutical, biotech, or CRO space.
- Proven track record in sales.
- Demonstrated ability to grow customer accounts.
- Experience in Histology and immunohistochemistry is advantageous, but full training will be provided.
- You will need to be client focussed with the ability to build strong client relationships.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Willingness to travel Internationally
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new pharma/biotech/CRO clients while maintaining current client base.
- To arrange and undertake client visits throughout the UK, Europe and the US.
- To make appropriate connections with other services providers for potential collaboration opportunities.
- Proactively seek out new opportunities for the company’s products and services within new clients.
- Develop an extensive market knowledge of your territory.
- Engage effectively with other teams and individuals.
- Drive enquiries forward and provide clients with the information they need as efficiently as possible.
- Maintain up to date and accurate records within CRM.
- Manage customer expectations with effective communication.
- Direct responsibility for growth of the company by meeting defined revenue targets.
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a comprehensive background and pre-employment screening, which is an essential part of Agenda’s recruitment process.