LOCATION: Oxfordshire SALARY: Up to £18,000 REF: ALS 2524Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Cage Wash Technician to join the team. The successful candidate will provide support to staff by providing cage processing, autoclaving of equipment and supplies, and waste management.
Please note that due to our client’s rural location and in the absence of suitable public transport links, having your own transport is essential.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent qualifications including Maths, English, and Science.
- Experience working in a similar environment such as warehouse, factory, or hospital/laboratory support is highly desirable.
- Operate within strict guidelines to ensure the highest levels of animal welfare and compliance.
- Good understanding of English to be able to understand written and verbal instruction.
- Reliable with a good work ethic.
- Comfortable working alone or within a larger team depending on the task.
- Passion for animal welfare.
- Full UK driving licence and own transport.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loading, operation and emptying/unloading of:
- Spray port, including the completion of any log sheets
- Fume chamber, including the completion of data collection, log and safety devices
- Shipping box
- Dunk tank
- Autoclave including disposing of waste and data collection controls.
- Cleaning and maintaining animal rooms and associated areas, washing animal cages.
- Setting up new cages ready for use whilst completing appropriate records including damage reports.
- Receiving and dispatching of goods into and out of the barrier, with correct use of the sterilisation procedures to maintain barrier status.
- Maintaining water pipes and drinker fixtures, carrying out any plant and environment checks as directed, and changing wall/ceiling fans as directed.
- Making transport boxes for customer orders and ensuring sufficient supply is available for packing.
- Making culling boxes for transporting animals.
- Carrying out regular stock checks and ensuring there are sufficient supplies.
Due to the biosecurity restrictions, unfortunately our client cannot employ anyone that owns or comes into regular contact with rabbits, mice, rats, guinea pigs or ferrets.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.