Location: Cambridgeshire Salary: £35,241 – £42,641 Ref: ALS 2291Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Cagewash Manager to co-ordinate ancillary support to their barrier animal facilities and be responsible for the overall performance of the service team. The successful candidate will be responsible for organising and supervising the cage support area, associated equipment and staff within an animal facility.
This is a fixed-term position as the facility is due to close in 2021-2022. Full employee benefits, bonuses, and retention payments are available for all members of staff.
- Experience working in an animal cagewash facility
- Practised at operating robotic machinery and automated systems, with an understanding of how machines work so faults are recognised
- Proven management skills
- Ability to organise, plan, manage, and review operational flows and processes
- An understanding of Home Office regulations and the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986
- Knowledge of “barrier” facilities
- Good computer literacy and numeracy skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Full line management of staff in the support team, including managing performance, staff development, promotion/salary recommendations and sickness absence
- To maintain cage wash equipment in clean condition and carry out routine cleaning, servicing, maintenance, fault finding and general servicing and maintenance in collaboration with contractors
- Train and develop staff under the direction of the NTCO and facilities manager, maintaining accurate training records
- Responsible for work allocation and quality of work, formulate rota for distribution of tasks
- Liaise regularly with animal staff supervisors/coordinators to establish animal/research requirements and adjust ancillary area activities to meet these needs
- Be familiar with and organise maintenance of all service area equipment and services, to include operation, routine maintenance, fault finding and training others in the use of ancillary associated equipment
- Actively contribute to the writing of SOP’s and risk assessments
- Lead the Health and Safety audits and act on their findings to provide a safer working environment
- Collate data, record facts and produce reports as directed by the facilities manager
- Responsible for managing the receipt and distribution of equipment, deliveries, samples and consumables, ensuring infection control and cleaning/sterilisation policies are adhered to
- Promote and ensure a culture of care and respect for animals and staff across the facility
Due to the biosecurity restrictions, unfortunately our client cannot employ anyone that owns or comes into regular contact with rabbits, mice, rats, guinea pigs or ferrets.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.