Location: Cambridgeshire Salary: £27,030 – £32,707 Ref: ALS 2292Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Cagewash Supervisor to co-ordinate ancillary support to their barrier animal facilities. The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising staff and associated equipment in the cage support area within an animal facility.
This is a fixed-term position as the facility is due to close in 2021-2022. Full employee benefits, bonuses, and retention payments are available for all members of staff.
- Experience working in an animal cagewash facility
- Ability to organise and review operational flows and processes
- An understanding of Home Office regulations and the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986
- Good supervisory and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and understanding of housekeeping requirements needed to maintain the integrity of the facility
- Good computer literacy and numeracy skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the supervision and development of staff in daily duties, ensuring good team morale is present
- Management of dirty cages and equipment through the cleaning process to supply clean and sterilised equipment to animal holding areas in accordance with SOP’s
- To maintain cage wash equipment in clean condition and carry out routine cleaning, servicing, maintenance, fault finding and general servicing and maintenance in collaboration with contractors
- Accountable for planning day to day operational activities to ensure appropriate staff and skills are optimised to complete all required duties of the team
- Maintenance and supervision of consumable stocks and storage areas including liaison with facility managers for ordering processes
- Identify equipment faults or problems and notify the Support Team Engineer or other specialist assistance as appropriate
- Collate data and provide reports as directed by facility managers
Due to the biosecurity restrictions, unfortunately our client cannot employ anyone that owns or comes into regular contact with rabbits, mice, rats, guinea pigs or ferrets.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.