LOCATION: Bicester, Oxfordshire SALARY: Up to £18,324 REF: ALS 2524Apply Here
We have a new opportunity for a Caretaker & Facilities Officer to join a fantastic team based in Bicester, Oxford. The successful candidate will gain a unique opportunity in helping provide support throughout the facility and assist in animal welfare. You will help maintain selected areas and provide assistance with autoclaving of equipment, stock control and supplies (full training will be given).
Please note that due to our client’s rural location and in the absence of suitable public transport links, having your own transport is essential.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s Maths, English, and Science.
- Experience working in a similar environment such as warehouse, factory or hospital desirable.
- Comfortable working alone or within a larger team depending on the task.
- Passion for animal welfare and compliance with regulations
- Full UK driving licence and own transport is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loading, operation and unloading of:
- Spray port, including the completion of any log sheets
- Use of Autoclave and washer disinfectors
- Disposing of waste and data collection controls.
- Receiving and dispatching of goods into and out of the facility, with correct use of the sterilisation procedures to maintain sterile environment.
- Cleaning and maintaining animal rooms and associated areas, washing animal cages.
- Setting up new cages ready for use whilst completing appropriate records
- Maintaining water pipes and drinker fixtures, carrying out any plant and environment checks, and maintaining unit as required.
- Making transport boxes for customer orders and ensuring sufficient supply is available for packing.
- Carrying out regular stock checks and ensuring there are sufficient supplies.
- Any other duties deemed reasonable by line manager
- Overtime as required
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a comprehensive background and pre-employment screening, which is an essential part of Agenda’s recruitment process.