LOCATION: Cambridge SALARY: Competitive REF: ALS 2508Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Cell Culture Research Scientist or Associate Research Scientist to expand the cell culture team, supporting ion channel drug discovery research and cardiac safety services for a global client base.
- BSc/MSc and/or significant period of relevant laboratory experience
- Demonstrable laboratory-based experience in cell culture
- Excellent experience in regular use of aseptic technique
- Familiarity with basic molecular biology techniques, such as PCR, gel electrophoresis
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment, with prioritisation skills and adaptability
- Experience in an industrial setting is preferred
- Good attention to detail, recording and maintaining accurate records
- Experience in following SOPs
- Proactive, enthusiastic and positive approach within a team
- Expectation to cover some bank holidays, which will be compensated
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Employ careful aseptic technique and closely follow all tissue culture laboratory standard operating procedures (SOPs), keeping full and accurate details of procedures.
- Maintain healthy cultures of stable heterologous and immortalised cell lines.
- Provide cells for electrophysiological assays on automated and manual patch clamp platforms, communicating issues and observations to line manager.
- Provide cells for plate-based assays, seeding plates at required density, pre-treating cells and preparing plate wells as required by individual cell line protocols.
- Prepare frozen stocks of ‘assay-ready’ cells to facilitate screening on demand.
- Scale up supplies of cell line vials stored in liquid nitrogen banks.
- Prepare cell culture reagents to support the electrophysiology team.
- Preparation of reagents and solutions for electrophysiological experiments (this requires knowledge of molarity calculation and pH correction of solutions).
- Operate PCR Mycoplasma sp. screen as requested, completing written and electronic records.
- Carry out housekeeping duties in cell culture facility.
- Administration duties to include stock inventory, placing of orders in online procurement system, unpacking and booking in deliveries on arrival.
- Organisation of service contracts for laboratory equipment.
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.