Location: Cambridge Salary: Competitive Ref: ALS 2472Apply Here
Our client, a contract research organisation in in vitro pre-clinical drug discovery and safety profiling is looking for a Cellular and Molecular Biologist with a strong practical and intellectual background, to play a key role in an additional new cell biology group, which will support an increase in the portfolio of cell lines and cell biology technology in ion channel-focused research, cardiac safety services and custom assays, using native tissue and stem cells.
Suitably experienced candidates will be considered for a line management role.
- Working with the senior management team to develop and prosecute a strategy to create new cell lines expressing ion channels – and where applicable, appropriate accessory subunits.
- Provision of technical expertise for the identification and implementation of new ion channel cell biology technologies.
- Performing hands-on cell biology laboratory work, such as:
- Conceiving, planning, designing, executing and supervising experiments
- Protocol authorisation and documentation of study results
- Presentation of results and recommendations for future strategy
- Liaison with Electrophysiology team to establish and validate ion channel cell lines of sufficient quality for the provision of assay services to clients.
- Leading the identification and implementation of new technologies, aiding generation of new cell lines.
- PhD in Life sciences with demonstrable experience in laboratory research – Or BSc/MSc with significant laboratory research experience.
- Demonstrable experience in eukaryotic cell culture and protein expression
- Expertise in molecular biology and conducting experiments to generate cell-based expression systems, including stable and transient transfection methodology.
- Knowledge of cell-based assays or screening assay development using heterologous cell-based expression systems and stem cells.
- Experience of working in a busy industrial/commercial laboratory environment is highly desirable
- Knowledge and/or experience of patch clamp electrophysiology is highly desirable
- Experience leading scientific teams, developing and implementing experimental research plans is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, time management, organisational and written/ oral communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to record and maintain accurate written records
- Ability to work in a cooperative team environment.
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a comprehensive background and pre-employment screening, which is an essential part of Agenda’s recruitment process.