LOCATION: Oxford SALARY: £18,200 (+ Shift Bonus) REF: CT 90Apply Here
We are looking to recruit one or more Cleaning Technicians. The successful applicant will work in a small team to an organised cleaning schedule and will be responsible for the quality of the cleaning in their allocated areas, which are primarily storage and ancillary areas in scientific environments.
As well as regular cleaning duties the post holder will be required to operate a floor scrubber for short periods and be responsible for its day-to-day care. There is a requirement to accurately maintain simple cleaning records electronically. All training and equipment are provided.
Based at several sites, there is a limited amount of travel between sites in a small company van, so a driving licence is essential.
This is an ongoing full or part-time permanent position working Monday – Friday. There is some scope to amend work times to suit the successful applicants, although some hours are fixed by our client and a regular schedule is required. Full-time working hours are 37.5 per week, mostly evenings but with some afternoon hours. Part time hours are from 14 to 30 hours per week (will be agreed and fixed) and are paid pro-rata.
- Ability to work professionally alongside clients and colleagues
- Attention to detail and a desire to work to the highest standards.
- Self-motivated and reliable.
- Good communicator who can work as part of a team and work alone for short periods.
- GCSE or equivalent level of literacy
- Able to document and maintain records accurately using electronic forms after being trained.
- Experience cleaning in an industry, hospital or academic environment would an advantage but is not essential as training will be given.
- Clients occasionally change what is required so this is an evolving job.
- Full driving licence is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleaning and sanitising working areas as specified by the client
- Cleaning storage and ancillary areas.
- Cleaning workshops, gowning areas, procedure areas.
- Following all health and safety guidance and wearing safety wear when appropriate (e.g. Hi-Viz, safety shoes, safety eyewear, masks, lab coats, overshoes etc as required.)
- Following Client’s entry procedures.
- Some weekend overtime is available but is not compulsory.
- 20 Days holiday plus bank holidays and birthday off.
- Generous contributory workplace pension.
- Great working environment.
- Career development opportunities.
- Other benefits
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a comprehensive background and pre-employment screening, which is an essential part of Agenda’s recruitment process.