Location: South-East Ireland Salary: Competitive Ref: ALS 2362Apply Here
Agenda are proud to be working in partnership with a successful international life science organisation, who are experiencing continued growth despite the current global landscape. The organisation is now looking for an experienced Business Development professional to help drive growth within their client base in Ireland. In addition to leading the Business Development strategy, the role also assumes responsibility for operational and site management of a small facility in Ireland.
To date, the organisation has made significant investments into their Irish business and have worked hard to establish themselves in the marketplace. They are now looking for an experienced individual with a track record of success to help take them to the next level.
In a role reporting directly to the company CEO, you can expect an opportunity that allows the autonomy to plan, strategise and lead independently whilst benefiting from the support and investment of the wider organisation.
Key duties and responsibilities you can expect:
- Review, plan and structure the company business development strategy.
- Management of the business development function and line management/mentoring of an account manager.
- 2-3 days per week travelling on the road for business development related activities i.e. client meetings.
- Ownership of the operational facility and management of direct reports – requiring a weekly onsite presence.
- Hosting client/regulatory site visits, audits and inspections.
- Ensuring that FDA, ICH and GMP regulations are upheld and adhered to.
- Provision of accurate and timely management information/reports to key stakeholders.
- Act as a champion for continuous improvements and work in partnership with the COO to lead efficiency focused initiatives.
In keeping with the direction that the business is set out on following, the follow skills, attributes and experiences are important:
- Demonstrable experience of success within life science business development roles
- Strong scientific background and understanding – education to degree level is highly desirable/beneficial
- The ability to work strategically, deal with long term/’big picture’ planning whilst also being very ‘hands on’ in the day to day activities of the position
- Knowledge/experience of their key service areas; stability storage, microbiology and/or DNA sequencing
- Active presence/network of contacts within the life science sector in Ireland
- Experience of successfully leading teams in either an operational and/or sales capacity
- Continuous improvement mindset – Knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma is beneficial
Please note that whilst applications are welcome from individuals requiring relocation are welcome, a current presence and network within the life science sector in Ireland is considered essential.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.