LOCATION: Essex SALARY: £18,525 – £19,566 REF: CT 101Apply Here
Looking for a new challenge that may offer opportunities to travel throughout the UK along with looking after animals?
Agenda is the largest provider of Animal Technicians within the Life Science sector, so these positions are an exceptional opportunity for someone wanting to develop in this field. We are looking for an adventurous individual who would like to contribute to the research industry whilst maintaining a high standard of welfare. With the prospect of traveling and working throughout the UK, you will be provided with every chance to meet new people and develop new skills within your role.
We currently have an opportunity for:
- Animal Technologist
Your primary duties will include:
- General husbandry, including feeding, watering, preparation and changing of cages.
- Medical examinations.
- Maintaining detailed, accurate records regarding breeding, health, welfare, and environmental checks.
- Adhering to Home Office guidelines and the Animal Scientific Procedures Act 1986.
- Animal Care Qualification and a genuine interest in the care of animals.
- Practical experience caring for animals in a work or voluntary capacity is essential, along with an eye for detail.
- Have a versatile working attitude, as you may be required to work within several facilities throughout the UK.
- IAT Level 2 is desirable or wiliness to work towards
As an Animal Technician, you will be responsible for providing a high standard of service and expected to follow key animal care protocols to ensure the welfare of all animals within the research facility.
This position is ideal for someone with an ambitious nature, looking to add to the continued growth of Agenda and be a part of our successful team. With 24-hour support, you can be safe in the knowledge that Agenda take care of your needs while you work away from home.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy, and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a complete and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.