Location: Flexible Salary: Competitive Ref: ALS 24560Apply Here
Agenda are working partnership with a global pre-clinical CRO focused on in vivo studies targeted in developing solutions for portfolio of disease areas. Due to their continued growth over the last 12 months, they are now seeking a Director for their Corporate Development division.
In this position you’d act as a key contributor within the organisation and partner with various stakeholder across the business. The key focuses lie within licensing, scouting, M&A and partnerships.
Although the role is advertised as London, location is flexible as the role can be performed remotely.
- Degree in Biological Sciences (preferably PhD) along with a business degree/equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in Business Development/Strategic Analysis in pharma, biotech or CRO
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to work with many stakeholders at multiple levels both internally and externally
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast changing landscape
- Flexibility to spend approximately 20-30%+ of time travelling globally
- Background in in vivo pharmacology is desirable
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the development of long-term and short-term strategy, ensuring alignment across business units and leaders
- Provide senior management and all relevant stakeholders with detailed understanding of target market and opportunities, including assessments of competitive landscape, market dynamics and macro-trends
- Responsible for leading the proactive identification of opportunities, such as in-licensing of assets or technologies that will help with long-term goals
- Enhance the process for strategy development to advance position in the marketplace
- Drive implementation of key integration initiatives
- Support execution of potential M&A and strategic partnerships
- Analyse options and create scenarios, including detailed competitive landscapes and market assessments, to build recommendations that support business decisions
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.