LOCATION: Cambridge SALARY: Competitive REF: ALS 2625Apply Here
An excellent opportunity exists for an experienced in vivo biologist within a Translational Biology (pre-clinical) group, based in Cambridge, UK. The role will offer the individual the opportunity to apply their in-depth expertise and knowledge of in vivo biology systems, disease models and in vitro techniques to impact on their portfolio. The successful candidate will be highly motivated with the capacity to think creatively and a demonstrable ability to interact with and influence the strategy of multi-disciplinary project teams at the scientific level and thus contribute to the successful development of novel therapies.
- PhD in a biological science with at least 5 years postdoctoral experience in drug discovery environment
- Proven in vivo biology experience with suitable qualifications (UK Home Office Licence or equivalent).
- Experience in models of oncology and/or CNS disease
- Demonstrable proficiency in a range of cell biology techniques
- Strong communication skills and ability to contribute to multidisciplinary project teams
- Disease expertise in oncology is essential as is a working knowledge of drug discovery
- Experience working with external partners to support projects
- knowledge of bioinformatics and experience of working with bioinformatics
- Experience communicating with compliance teams
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to and oversee the in vivo drug discovery strategies across their drug discovery portfolio
- Using a wide range of in vivo and in vitro techniques run effective experiments individually and as part of a team
- Design and document experiments, interpret data, discuss conclusions, and present at various internal and external forums
- Develop a detailed understanding of the literature related to projects and influence the direction of the biological aspects of the projects, by actively participating in project team discussions
- Interact with external experts, collaborators and CROs to progress on discovery projects
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy, and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a complete and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.