LOCATION: London SALARY: £25,025 – £28,428 REF: ALS 2487Apply Here
Our client are looking to recruit Experienced Animal Technicians to carry out daily care and husbandry of transgenic breeding animals, and contribute to the upkeep of the facility. The successful applicant will have previous experience working in an animal facility and will be expected to work unsupervised after induction training.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 16th May.
- Experience in animal care and welfare in a research environment
- Previous experience of transgenic breeding
- Home Office Personal Licence and experience performing procedures is desirable
- IAT Certificate qualification or equivalent is advantageous
- Committed to further education related to this position
- Minimum of 5 A*-C grade GCSE’s
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the requirements of the role, including the possibility of working at different locations, and including some weekend work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake the day-to-day care of transgenic breeding animals
- Carry out the daily cleaning and maintenance of laboratory animals
- Develop and maintain and understanding of cage and animal biosecurity
- Interact with researchers on animal health and welfare
- Operate the mechanical cleaning of cages, prepare them for use and distribute cages around the facility
- Carry out any other duties which are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested
To apply for this role, please follow the link below and click on ‘Apply Now’:
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.