Location: Cambridgeshire Salary: 20,000 – 25,000 Ref: ALS 2360Apply Here
We are looking to recruit Animal Technicians to provide support for day-to-day animal husbandry, care and welfare for our clients. The successful candidate may also be required to provide technical support for licensees.
- Minimum of GCSEs (or equivalent) including English, Maths and Science (or equivalent experience)
- An animal care qualification and a passion for working within the animal industry
- Hold a Home Office Personal Licence or willingness to train
- An understanding of the Animals Scientific Procedures Act 1986 and Home Office guidelines relating to the production and use of animals
- Experience in an animal facility and assisting with regulated procedures
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Proven ability to carry out routine tasks and procedures under instruction and organise own daily tasks
- Excellent communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily animal husbandry duties, including keeping detailed records, handling, sexing and identification of rodents
- Ensure that high standards of animal welfare are always maintained
- Carrying out regular observations and health checks, and provide regular updates to researchers
- Perform regulated and non-regulated procedures as instructed
- Keeping accurate records of breeding performance, reviewing breeding data and selecting animals for future breeding in order to preserve specific strains
- Contribute towards the general cleaning and upkeep of the facility and monitor and record environmental conditions in specific areas as required
- Participate in the rota for weekend and bank holiday cover as required.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.