Location: Nottingham Salary: £19,000 – £22,000 Ref: ALS 2326Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an experienced Animal Technician to join their in vivo research team. The successful candidate will be required to provide husbandry and welfare to laboratory animals to support study requirements and be willing to receive further training to progress into a scientific role.
This role will require the successful candidate to work across 2 sites in Nottingham.
- Qualification in an animal or biology related subject
- Genuine interest in animal care and welfare
- Previous experience working in a research environment
- Willingness to receive further training and obtain a Home Office Personal Licence
- Ability to work unsupervised, and able to prioritise own workload
- Be able to work weekend overtime as required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for day to day husbandry of laboratory rodents, including provision of food and water, weighing, and cage changing
- Carrying out regular observations and health checks, and provide regular updates to researchers to support their programme of study
- An understanding of the Animals Scientific Procedures Act 1986 and Home Office guidelines relating to the use of animals in a research environment
- After appropriate Home Office training, assist Study Scientists with procedures where required
- Accurately maintain records within the facility management system
- Assist with housekeeping duties around the animal facility
- Ensure stock levels are maintained to facility and study requirements
- Join the rota to cover weekend and bank holiday cover.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.